Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Realizations! Ah! ^_^

Ah! So I just got my midterm feedback from Jessi and omigosh, its what everyone has been telling me for sometime now but I really didnt GET until now. heh. Something clicked in that email and I guess it took the repetition of the style twice and the words again to grasp it. Explain explain explain. Okay!

Consistency is key to developing identity.

I need to work harder to create more visual connections between pieces in the body of work; essentially the development of a unique identity for my work to possess; style security.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but one piece last semester and one this semester stick out to me that I REALLY felt good about...
Yes! These two!




Its not that the other pieces didnt speak or do their part, its just that these two FEEL finished and complete-They fit- I don't doubt them... I'm starting to think that may be an important concept to grasp for the future. Im going to follow this style after Im done with my current image. I'm ready to create a cohesive body of work. Thoughts? Cherries? Candy?

2 comments:

  1. >o<
    ...thats a piece of candy for you...
    also...i agree with you that those two feel the most finished and cohesive out off all the work ive seen from you...im glad you had an epiphany about your work! and that it came at midterms...so you have time to bennefit from it...because i had an epiphany once the week before finals and it came just in time...but i also didnt sleep for a week...haha

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wyatt,
    Can I have some of your energy please???

    Where it comes from I have no idea, but hopefully you will continue to pour it into your work!

    -Jessica

    ReplyDelete